Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fifty Fifty

When I was born, the doctors observing me told my mother that I was going to die. Or, to be more precise, that there was a high likely hood that I would die. Considering that I'm here typing this now, they were obviously wrong. When I continued living, they informed her that there was a fair chance that I would be mentally retarded. That didn't happen either. Instead, I'm currently a successful college freshman who is very much alive and not mentally handicapped in any way (unless you considered the lack of sleep that all college students seem to suffer from a handicap). My doctors told my mom that I was a medical miracle. Instead, I prefer the nickname that one of my friends came up with after hearing the story: the fifty fifty girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment