Friday, June 1, 2012

30 Days of Change

I'm back from Alaska! The trip was truly amazing and for me there were some really profound and moving moments, but I'll write another post about that later when I can accompany it with pictures (I can't find my camera cord!). Today I wanted to fill you guys in on a small fundraiser that NFED is doing. It is called "30 Days of Change," and it's a really simple fundraiser in honor of June which is Ectodermal Dysplasia Awareness Month. Throughout a normal day, everyone collects a few random coins that just jingle around in their pockets after a trip to the grocery store, trip to the gas station, etc. The idea is that you put those couple of coins in a change box every day during the month of June and then mail in the change box as a donation. They even have a simple calendar to follow if you need little reminders or a little push (which you can download here). I figured that with today being the first day of Awareness Month and the first day of this awesome fundraiser, it was the perfect thing to post about and share! For more information about 30 Days of Change and to request a change box from NFED, check out this link. I myself will be participating and I hope you do too! Every penny counts. Also, because of Awareness Month, I'm making a vow to myself and to you guys that I will update my blog every day during the month of June! Wish me luck with that, and remember to save your pennies!







No comments:

Post a Comment