Monday, June 4, 2012

Don't Sweat It Walk Update

Today's post is going to be a short little thing because I'm rather short on time tonight. But I do have exciting news! The woman I emailed about hosting a Don't Sweat It walk has replied to me! And at a kind of scary fast rate, at that. I suppose that just means she is great at her job. Anywho, when I emailed her I just had a few simple questions ("How old do you have to be to host a walk? I host a walk at nineteen?", "Is it worth it to host a walk in Texas, or has everyone with ED up and left the state?", etc. ) and she answered everything she could. She told me an approximate number of people with ED who live in Texas would sit somewhere at about two hundred. If that's the case, then hosting a walk wouldn't be unreasonable at all, assuming that I could get in touch with those people and they came out to support and brought some friends with them. She also stated that since I'm over eighteen I can host the event by myself (or at least sign all the paperwork by myself) and that the walk didn't have to be in June. June just happens to be when most of the walks take place. Along with all that, as well as the numbers for some other people I might want to contact if this thing actually happens, she sent me the majority of the forms that I would need to fill out in order to host a walk. A lot to take in in just a couple of days right? This went from being a little idea to an actual possibility over the course of a weekend! I'm actually getting pretty excited over this! Anyway, that was my little update for today. I'll keep you posted as I learn more, and if this walk ends up happening you guys will be the first to know! Can't wait to start walking!


No comments:

Post a Comment