Saturday, June 2, 2012

Don't Sweat It Walk in Texas? I Hope So!

So I've been looking for something that I could do to get myself involved with the ED community, specifically in Texas considering that is where I currently reside. To be honest, I don't even really know if there is much of an ED community in this state. I mean, there must be, right? Texas is a pretty big place with a pretty big population, so the statistics should be in my favor. Well, what I find interesting is that there really many ectodermal dysplasia related events here, at least none that I've seen or come across in the past. I mean, there is a golf classic being hosted in Spring, Texas on August, 12th (click here for more information), but what about during Awareness Month? This month, there are Don't Sweat It Walks in Missouri, Ohio, New York, California, and Illinois, but not one in Texas. Maybe it is just the fact that those who are living with ED and are the focus of these events (meaning that they can't sweat) are smart enough not to live in Texas, but considering that this is Awareness Month and there is at least one person with ED in this state, I'd really like to see something happen. Honestly, I'd like to see one of these walks hosted in every state, or even better multiple walks in multiple cities throughout all states, but for now focusing on bringing one of these walks to my city will do. Anyway, basically what I'm trying to get at is that I'm thinking about trying to host one of these walks! I'm an individual who is affected by ectodermal dysplasia and not all of my sweat glands work, and if no one else is going to host a walk in Texas, why not me? I'm not rightfully sure how many people would show up if I did try and pull this off, or if it would even be a possibility this year because of it being such short notice and with my job and all, but I figure it's worth inquiring about at least. So in an effort to do so, I've emailed someone with NFED and I guess we will just see what happens! I'll keep you updated and let you know what she says if she replies tomorrow. For now, keep collecting that change for 30 Days of Change and have a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment